Since their introduction to the dental industry, Invisalign clear aligners have quickly become a standard for orthodontic treatment. Their clear material and innovative design bring a new option for addressing misaligned teeth. Convenient and comfortable, they gradually adjust misaligned teeth over the treatment cycle. There’s no metal involved with the process. Instead, medical-grade plastic is used to achieve the desired results.
How Invisalign Produces Fantastic Results
Dr. Alethea Coelho provides families in Visalia, CA, with Invisalign as an orthodontic treatment option. Their ease of use makes them a great option for patients of all ages experiencing certain orthodontic concerns. The lightweight material and smooth design make Invisalign very comfortable to wear. They’re removable and required to be worn for 22 hours each day. This means you’ll be able to continue to enjoy your favorite foods and effectively clean your aligners while brushing and flossing normally. They provide an effective treatment option for:
- Gapped Teeth – Gaps in your teeth are more than an aesthetic issue. They can lead to jaw concerns and teeth moving out of position.
- Overbites – When the upper arch of teeth extends over the lower arch.
- Overcrowding – When there isn’t enough room in the jaw for teeth, overcrowding can occur. The pressure from teeth trying to move into place can cause them to shift or overlap.
- Underbites – The opposite of an overbite, when the lower arch juts out beyond the top.
- Crossbites – Another misalignment of the jaw, when the lower arch and upper arch of teeth do not meet but are misaligned horizontally.
- Open bites – If both arches of teeth don’t touch when you close your mouth.
Invisalign Treatment With Dr. Althea Coelho
Before you receive treatment with Invisalign with Dr. Coelho, a thorough exam and cleaning are needed. Throughout this exam, the doctor will do a complete assessment of your oral health to identify any existing orthodontic concerns. When we open discussions about the Invisalign process, you’ll receive a thorough explanation of how Invisalign will create the trays. The first step is using imaging to obtain a digital impression of your teeth. Dr. Coelho will deliver these impressions to Invisalign, where they will begin the creation of your tray aligners. These aligners will help you realize the smile you’ve been dreaming of.
Successful treatment with Invisalign Clear Aligners requires that they are worn consistently. While you can remove them for two hours out of every day, longer can impact their effectiveness. Only remove them while eating and caring for your teeth to achieve the best results.